Juvenile Law

Representation in Kansas Juvenile Court

Terms You Should Know

Guardian ad litem: A lawyer who represents your child in court for free.

Diversion: In juvenile crime cases, if the young person is sentenced to a diversion program and he or she successfully completes it, there will be no permanent court record. Different diversion programs have different requirements, which may include work, study, treatment, or counseling.

Probation: In a juvenile law case, if the young person is assigned to probation he or she will be required to complete specific activities and to check in with a probation officer at a specified time. Probation does appear on a juvenile’s criminal record.

SRS Custody: If a child is removed from your home, he or she is placed in the custody of the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS).

Case Plan: If your children have been removed from your care, you and your attorney will work with a social worker to develop a case plan to resolve the problems in your home so your children can be returned.

Reintegration Plan: If you have followed your case plan, a formal plan will be approved by the court to get your children returned to your home.

Experienced Kansas Divorce Attorneys

Vinton | Moore Attorneys at Law, LLC provide legal services to clients facing divorce in the Lenexa area. Many people are unfamiliar with the legal steps involved in a divorce. We help clients understand how the law applies to their situation, equipping them to make the best decisions for themselves and their children.

Find out more about:

Contact Vinton | Moore Attorneys at Law, LLC

To schedule an initial consultation regarding your divorce, child visitation matter, prenuptial agreement, or family law matter, contact a lawyer today.

The information on this website is for general informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Nothing in this website establishes an attorney-client relationship between Valerie L. Moore or Amy Vinton and the viewer.